One of the ways I plan on tackling my goal of posting twelve blog posts a month, AND sharing what I have completed or will complete for crocheting projects throughout the year is on Wednesday’s, I hope to post “What’s on My Hook” posts.
Much like the “Hookin’ on Hump Day” trend that Moogly and Petals to Picots started, I hope to highlight my crocheted projects, whether completed or not, on a regular basis – primarily on Wednesday’s! (Hence the catchy title….)
My pattern notes/changes:
- Overall, the pattern is written very well.
- I know I didn’t follow the pattern she wrote exactly, and I modified the body of the hat by doing a fptc working on the row below, not on two rows below as described in her pattern.
- I didn’t make the hat as slouchy as described in her pattern.
- I also did six rows of hdc’s (half double crochet’s) for the brim.
- I used an acrylic yarn I had in my stash, and oh do I think I’ll be doing this pattern again.
- It probably took me about 4 hours to complete this hat, and as you can see, I added a pom pom to brighten up the top of the hat.
I found the link itself on Ravelry, after searching for things with the word ‘spiral’ in them.
Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest for more crocheted projects and things I do/want to accomplish with my crafting!